GDPR INFORMATION ABOUT COLLECTING AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA OF APPLICANTS TO THE RFE/RL HACKATHON
(hereinafter referred to as “Hackathon”)
RFE/RL, Inc., is a non-profit corporation with its registered office at Corporation Trust Center, 1209 Orange Street, Wilmington, Delaware 19801, USA, acting in the Czech Republic through RFE/RL, Inc., odštěpný závod, with its registered office at Vinohradská 3333/159a, Post Code 100 00, Prague 10, Czech Republic (hereinafter referred to as “RFE/RL” or “the Controller” or “us”or “we”).
In accordance with Article 13 of the REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”), we hereby give you information related to personal data processing.
1) THE CONTROLLER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- RFE/RL, Inc., odštěpný závod
100 00 Prague 10, Czech Republic
Phone: 00420 2 21122 054 https://www.rferl.org/
Contact address for queries concerning personal data protection: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) THE PURPOSE OF PROCESSING
- Because You would like to participate at our Hackathon, which will take place on 17-19 September 2021, You need to submit an on-line application and provide us with Your personal data. The purpose of the processing of Your personal data is registration for the Hackathon, selection of participants, formation of teams and any other actions necessary to be performed before the Hackathon starts in connection with the preparation of this event.
3) THE LEGAL GROUND FOR PROCESSING
- Such processing is based on Your consent to personal data processing for the purpose of registration and participation at the Hackathon (hereinafter referred to as “Consent”).
4) WHAT PERSONAL DATA ARE BEING PROCESSED
RFE/RL collects the following data: personal identification information (name, surname, email address, Your professional background and experience and possible food allergies (hereinafter referred to as ”Personal Data“).
5) HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
You directly provide RFE/RL with all of the data by submitting your application for the RFE/RL Hackathon.
6) THE PERIOD FOR WHICH YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL BE STORED
The Consent is valid for the period of 1 year after the Applicant (You) signs the Consent.
7) THE RECIPIENT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal data will be kept by RFE/RL only.
8) WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE OF THE EU?
9) THE EXISTENCE OF AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING, INCLUDING PROFILING
No, RFE/RL is not making a decision by automated means.
10) YOUR RIGHTS RELATED TO PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Under applicable legislation, you have the right:
- to be duly informed about the processing of your personal data
- of access to your personal data – you have the right to request RFE/RL for copies of your personal data.
- to rectification of your personal data - you have the right to request that RFE/RL correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request RFE/RL to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) of your personal data - you have the right to request that RFE/RL erase your personal data, under certain conditions
- to restrict processing of your personal data - you have the right to request that RFE/RL restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- to object to processing – you have the right to object to RFE´s processing of your personal data, and
- to portability of the data (if the processing is automated) - you have the right to request that RFE/RL transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make GDPR request, we have 30 days to respond to you.
11) HOW TO CONTACT THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES
If you believe that your Personal Data are being processed and transferred unlawfully, you may ask for restriction of processing or for explanation or to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – in case of the Czech Republic, this is the Office for Personal Data Protection (Úřad pro ochranu osobních údajů), with its registered office at Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Prague 7, email@example.com. (www.uoou.cz).
CONSENT TO COLLECTING AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA FOR APPLICANTS TO THE RFE/RL HACKATHON
in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR
By clicking at the “I accept” button at our Hackathon registration web page You hereby give Your consent to RFE/RL, as the Controller, to collect and process Your Personal Data provided by You in the application form for the purpose of Your registration and participation at Hackathon.
This Consent is given voluntarily and the You are entitled to withdraw it at any time. Withdrawal of the Consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing before such withdrawal.